Friday, September 23, 2005

I'm comin' up so you better you better get this party started

So says Pink and so says my pink little bag.

This is a hot pink little ditty that is made w/ Galway double stranded. I only wanted a smallish bag, so I actually used my trusty yarn winder and wound up half from the center pull, and the other from the outside. I didn't cut the yarn, so that if I missed in my guestimate as to half a skein, it'll be okay. For this bag, I also added the flair on the sides so that the bag will flair out a little (I hope). I added purl rows on top and picked up a row at the bottom. I was running out of yarn, so I purled and cast off (is that the right term? -- Instead of putting a row of purls, then casting off, I casted off in purl). For the strap I modified the strap in my Lucy bag (row1:k, p3, k row2:knit) for 15 inches.

The plan is that after felting, I'll be finally able to test out my new felting needle that I got from Janis at Yarn! Can't wait, it'll be another learning experience.


As for Liesel, she's coming along to party too...

1 comment:

JustApril said...

Pure genius, winding 2 halfs and leaving them joined - I'm gonna half to get a yarn winder!