Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Another DNA hat and yet another project to start

I'm working on another DNA/coronet hat (in blue) for z's dad. The odd thing is that I'm running out of yarn, and I'm trying to figure out what happened. I'm using the same brand (Woolease), same gauge, same needles, same number of repeats, picked up the same number of stitches...the only difference is the color. So, there's a mystery afoot. Could it be that I was unlucky enough to pick up a ball of yarn that was returned by another person (that used a smidge of yarn)? Maybe the yarn got unraveled in the store and a sales person cut off the extra so that it wouldn't look bad? hmmm... very odd. I wouldn't think that a big company like Lion Brand would short yarn, but maybe?

Anyway, I hope I have enough to finish this hat.

Edited later...Yeah! there was enough. happy dance. hmmm...it looks exactly like the red one, but blue. I may add the pic in later.

I also found a pretty lace pattern that may end being a xmas present, so I casted on for this project. I'll stop now...

No comments: