Monday, September 19, 2005

Did I mention I can't sew?

I realized that if I didn't install the zipper, J wasn't going to get his zip up the back sweater this last weekend. And how sad would that be...since he's growing so fast, I'm not sure how long he'll be wearing said sweater (I hope at least once). I kept thinking that maybe I'll rip out the bottom and sleeves, reknit the sweater parts, and THEN install zipper. Well, that didn't happen, so I was sewing the zipper in (in defeat) last Friday night. I'll make him another sweater when he gets older.

Super ugly sewing. But the outside looked really good! Maybe next time, I'll give myself a little time to actually accomplish this sewing thing. I did tell J's mom sorry about the really ugly sewing.

Specs:
-1 skein of navy blue yarn (acrylic for washing-I forget what type) and a bit of yellow for the pocket)
-16" zipper used
-followed pattern from internet (see post prior)
-made 6mo jacket and should have made a larger size.

Of course I only sew very infrequently, but MIL came by this weekend and gave me a whole bunch of fabulous sewing stuff. The coolest is this little wooden box. Inside the drawer, there's a little red book on sewing. I guess I'll have to work on this sewing thing...

No comments: