Monday, August 01, 2005

Still Clapping! Done.

My progress on the clapotis is slow but steady. I'm trying to figure out when to start decreasing and how big it'll be. My major stress is of course do I have enough yarn?! If I don't, does that mean that I'll have to frog it back and do over? oh, dilemma...

later...
After SnB (at Julie's Teas since Coffee for Thought closed down!), I was able to finish the Clapotis. Yippie. There was a couple of major stressor points when 1) I found out there was no way I had enough yarn to finish the decreases 2) I dropped an edge stitch (that wasn't meant to be dropped).

1) Made huge number of decreases and at the end, was left w/ less than 5 inches of yarn (I kid you not!) It looks alright, I suppose -- it's not like anyone's going to look that closely (I won't let them). I do like it quite a bit. Can't wait til it get's a tad cooler.

2) Done w/ the clapotis and showing to z's dad, when I realized that there were extra loose loops on one edge...what IS that?! upon closer inspection, realized that there's a dropped stitch. WTF! ugh! Used a crochet hook and hopefully hooked together all the loops. There were 3 columns worth ( = 15) and some were 2-4 rows down. What to do at the end? Tied the loops up and hid the ends. Will post pics tomorrow. (I'm not ripping that thing).

Back to CfT. What's w/ that?! Show up at SnB, get yelled at from across the street (it's okay, ended up being the knitters). Reading the sign -- their last day was yesterday. Does that suck or what? No warning what so ever. We sat on the benches for awhile to see if anyone else was going to show up. I wonder what happened to the sea shanty folks...

After much contemplation and thought (trying to figure out what was open on Monday nights), we headed over to Julie's Tea on Park and knitted there til 9pm. btw-wickedly good Mexican hot cocoa. I was trying to be good all day, and then this concoction with chile powder and whip cream...okay, maybe going to Julie's isn't such a bad thing. The gym is right across the street. I could go and knit and then go across the street and do some cardio on the orbital. Yeah, right. Well, maybe...

No comments: