Wednesday, August 24, 2005

The present for MIL - Little Red Hat purse



The purse can now be posted since it's been gifted. It was done w/ 1 skein of Lamb's Pride Bulky in purple. I used the pattern from book () and since I used bulky instead of worsted, I decreased the initial cast-on stitches to 26. Also, I wanted more flaring on the top, so added a few stitches. I used the flower pattern center for the button. I looked into real buttons for the purse, but they looked too juvenile or too Rococo. I also made a rose and leaf that I felted and sewed onto a pinback so that she can take it to her RH events or just have a plain purple bag when not. The rose is from Knitty.com Since her roses were not felted, I added an extra row or two (fearing too much shrinkage). I used Patons wool red and I had extra LP bulky green for the leaf. I hope she liked the bag.

No comments: