Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Easy lace project

I received as part of a swap, a lovely ball of Knit pick's Shimmer (that would be the alpaca/silk) in Morning Mist (blues/white). 440yds...what to make? another swallowtail? naw. Lace leaf? flower basket? I know, perfect. The Falling Water Lace Scarf (pd.f). I decided on the 5X repeat scarf and knit 4 inches of the scarf before I came to the sad realization that this scarf needs either a heavier weight yarn or needs to be a stole. Oh, and my magic 5X repeat results in some serious pooling (sigh).

Frogged it and instead decided on the Elann free triangle Luna Moth Shawl. What?! Not another triangular shawl! Oh, yes.

My take on this pattern. I always do this, I know, but I have a hard time remembering the pattern until, I'm almost done. And with the variegation, it's tough right now to check pattern. Anywhoo that's what I'm working on right now.

I'll do pictures next time since unblocked lace looks horrid. Oh, yes, I started this 6/1/07

No comments: