Thursday, June 14, 2007

Dino Progess, with a picture

Okay. I am cranking. Okay, not so much. But look at this:

Does it look like a brontosaurus --which is the incorrect name, btw. It's apatosaurus, and there is no such thing as a 'thunder lizard'.

Anyway, I've altered the body drastically. And there seems to be a slight hump, but I'm thinking it'll squish down. I knit the body in the round, but I realized I had to stuff the body before I knit the neck 'cause otherwise, I would get a lumpasaurus.

So, I knit the tail, then body, then stuffed, then knit the neck, then stuffed. The head I did not knit in the round. I have not sewn the last bit in case I need to do something in the head region (like sewing in eyes).

The legs I'm having issues conceptualizing. There were random (to me anyways) decreases and increases. So to be on the safe side, I'm knitting the back legs (so far) flat, like the pattern. But oh, like sweater sleeves, I'm doing both at the same time. As I'm knitting the legs, I'm super glad I didn't knit the body in pieces. I'll post finished pictures when I'm done.

Then the next request is for spinosaurus -- at least on the dino knitting front.

1 comment:

Stefaneener said...

You'll have to write up in detail your changes, because I haven't yet knit these.