Friday, January 25, 2008

Anemone update

Well, I'm still knitting anemone but in a circle, without the sawtooth and edging (will be round and have to find a different edge -- if a edging is to be found). In case you don't know what I'm talking about, here's a pic of it. Isn't it pretty? I'm at the flowers portion, so I'm thinking that I'm going to keep going a couple more rows of the hex mesh and then find a Niebling edge I like and finish it that way. I might end up doing straight knitting on the edge since the center is so frilly--don't know yet.

I'm using Cebelia #30 in ecru w/ US0 needles and am on the 2nd ball. It's deceptive because this is quite large if knitted according to pattern. Like I said, I'm at the flowers (finally) and I'm on row 121. I think that by not forcing it into a square and without the saw tooth thingie as well as that edging, I think it will be smaller.

Oh, and thanks everyone for commiserating with me...

3 comments:

fleegle said...

I don't care for the edging either. The center is lovely though. Post a picture soon!

Stefaneener said...

Your Nieblingingings are so lovely. Really inspirational.

Soo said...

I love the pattern and I actually kind of like the edging but I can't wait to see what you come up with!