I got this partial cone of laceweight wool, clearly used for machine knitting (it's oily and smells like machine oil). So, I started another Shetland triangle from IK Wrap Style (you all know that's what everyone I know is getting, right?!), but realized that I wanted to make the Shetland square using almost the same type yarn (a slightly lighter green wool). So, I bound off my sample and washed it to see how it would look. Using size 7 needles, this is what I have.
Surprisingly, or not so surprisingly, it's super soft and really shows the stitches very well. I was a tad doubtful when I started knitting with this yarn because the stitches were all wonky. But this is purty, isn't it.
Instead, I decided to do another swallowtail, and maybe this time either add another repeat, or (gasp!) do different edging. (Note to self: read the information from Eunny Jang re: lace). Here's the WIP at 150 something stitches. This is using old #5's that sizes to #6's. Okay, look how much yarn I have left, I really need to either do additional repeats or something.
On the blanket front, I'm still trying to decide on edging. I think I'll do a mitered knit edging ala Mason-Dixon blanket, but I've got to figure out whether to use a 3rd color for the edge or to use the aqua or medium blue.