Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Star for me!

A couple of notes....

I can't link to Lacevember and so, no posts on that site. If you haven't been yet, you've got to go check out the FO's. Fabulous.

I got my star! yippee. AND I won the naming contest. How cool is that? It was for naming a shawl contest. And my name for it was 'Dreams into a Sea Stole'. I got the name from the poem "A mother casts her dreams into the sea". Anyway, happy dance.

Also, I'm working on the circular shawl from my new book (see previous post). I'm doing it with blueberry linen yarn, and I'm hoping it doesn't end up looking like a tablecloth...but heck, if it does, I have the perfect circular table for it...

I've also done the calculations for Alpine shawl from the same book, but with an additional central leaf motif so that it'll be wider. (From my calculations, it should add 3 inches to the width, but who knows, my swatches never match my actual knitted piece. )

I'll be using my bonbon silk from ColourmartUK, and size 3 needles.

1 comment:

Stefaneener said...

Clever clever you with the name. I'm going to go to the site and drool over some lace. Then I'm going to go and tink 3 rows off of mine.