Friday, January 05, 2007

What was I thinking?!

A highway patrolman pulled alongside a speeding car on the freeway. Glancing at the car, he was astounded to see that the lady behind the wheel was knitting!
Realizing that she was oblivious to his flashing lights and siren, the trooper cranked down his window, turned on his bullhorn and yells, "PULLOVER!"
"NO," she yelled back over the sound of the siren, "It's a SCARF!"

Har Har Har!

Here's the scarves in all their glory...

Individually, they look like this:

Purply kerchief ala old pattern (knitlist?). I
t's knit only w/ rib at the place the hole is for the other side. I had to make this up as I went since it was too bulky.


This scarf is a red farrows rib. Knit by (3k1p)Xn last stitch knit. I casted on 33 stitches.

Red flora w/o stamins. From Knitty. Didn't like the stamins for this. Also, the red flower itself was huge and floppy.



Red zigzag scarf. Cast on 18. K 1 row, next row Increase at start and decrease at end. All done in knit stitch.




Blue kerchief. Like the purply one.


Maroon 3X2 rib: Cast on gee I don't remember.



Green diagnal. Cast on 32 stitches. Knit 2 then pattern knit 2.


Another flora, this time w/ small crochet flower.


Blue feather/fan. Cast on 28 stitches and 2 knit stitches on sides. This is a 4Ktog,8YO,4Ktog pattern.


Red swirly scarf. Done lengthwise, feather/fan style with knit front/back instead of YO.


If you really want any of the patterns, I can make it up for you (maybe). Leave a comment if intersted. (I know, bad blogger knitter for not keeping better track of the scarves, but hey, I was under strict time constraints.

1 comment:

Joni said...

That is a fantastic collection of scarves!