Monday, January 29, 2007

Scharffen Berger good...

I'm done with the scarf for my favorite brother (okay, he's my only brother). I lived with him for a year between college and grad school, and he still talks to me (well, that would be sometimes talks, but he's great at answering emails). Anyway, it's his birthday in late February. As I mentioned, I opted for a mock cable pattern.

Here's the specifics:
started:Jan 10, 2007
finished: Jan 28, 2007 (I worked on a bunch of other stuff too)
yarn: Stag. 100% cashmere made by Todd & Duncan. These yarns are from 3 plies of their standard laceweight (2/28Nm) yarns. ColourmartUK yarn.
needle: US4 Clovers
Cast on: 44 stitches

I may have overblocked it. It looks more lacy than I originally wanted, but we'll see how it looks once it sprongs back. Even if it's a bit lacy, I'd say this is very 'manly' lace.

I love adore crave this yarn. When I received it from UK, I was so not impressed. But upon washing and drying, oh, my friggin gosh. Yep, it's better than chocolate...

1 comment:

Stefaneener said...

Must be something in the air. I've been drawn towards deep dark browns for a while now. Your brother is way lucky.