Monday, January 15, 2007

Faux Cable with Real Cashmere

I'm knitting with the fingering cashmere. Oh, my...so lovely...It's a scarf for my brother who's birthday is at the end of February. Did I mention it's lovely? Since he lives in SoCal, he's not in dire need for anything heavy and bulky, so I didn't really want to make him something thick and overly warm. I'm a tad hesitant on giving him a gift that doesn't go away (he loves getting consumables since then he's not left with 'stuff'), but I figure he'll like it. It's made from the yarn I just hanked out and washed, then rewound.

I chose a faux cable pattern I saw on some, then proceeded to tweek it. Here's my version. Cast on 44 stitches
knit 3, purl 2, start pattern: (YO, knit3,ssk, knit5, purl 2)X3, knit 3
knit 3, knit 2, pattern: (purl4, purl 2 tog, purl 3, YO, purl 1, knit 2)X3, knit 3
knit 3, purl 2, pattern (knit 3, YO, knit3, ssk, knit2, purl 2)X3, knit 3
knit 3, knit 2, pattern: (purl2, purl 2 tog, purl 3, YO, purl 3, knit 2)X3, knit 3
knit 3, purl 2, pattern (knit 1, YO, knit3, ssk, knit4, purl 2)X3, knit 3
knit 3, knit 2, pattern: (purl 2 tog, purl 3, YO, purl 5, knit 2)X3, knit 3

that's the pattern.

I'll do a beauty shot when it's done.

No comments: