Friday, August 10, 2007

Doily in progress

A doily (or doyley) - a small ornamental mat usually made of cotton or linen placed underneath a dish or bowl. (from Wikipedia)

Who knew that doily could be spelled with 2 y's...

This is the KAL from the Lacis Lace Knitting Group:
Lavori Artistici a calza No. 11 - Figura 66

Translation can be found on the Lacis museum forum site or originally found on the Yahoo laceknitters group. This is a beautiful doily. I'm enjoying this immensely.

The center is a single crochet over a double loop and pulled in tightly when a few inches into the doily. I started this project using 2.25mm dpns from Lacis, but then switched to US2 circs from Knit Picks because I don't yet have US1 circs. The blue is actually much darker, but my camera...what can I say about my camera?

A bit of it is a little confusing and I might have shifted over one, but hey, whatever. It's a doily.

2 comments:

fleegle said...

I signed up in July and still have 7000+ people ahead of me. Guess it will be years before I can see what the fuss is about.

fleegle said...

Oh yes, stunning doily there too!