Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Stitches West (and I'm now South)

After trying to find folks that would like to carpool (or even a ride), I ended up going by my lonesome. Not bad tho'...no enablers to tell me...'really, that's a great yarn...just buy it'

I got down there pretty quickly and started shopping. Note to self: buy tix ahead of time to increase time at Marketplace.

What did I get? yarn and more yarn. You don't get to see them because I'm w/o them right now (maybe later). I got yarn for a green sweater and one for a read sweater (don't know which pattern yet, but I think possibly one that I saw on Knitty. A little Noro too. I also got a skein of Socks that Rock yarn (med weight). They were out of the light weight except for yarn of Cal colors -- and I decided that z's dad may not appreciate handmade socks yet, and there really is no way in heck he would wear socks that weren't white or black anyway. Also, if I'm knitting socks, folks better be able to see them, so they'll be worn by self w/ burks. Yes. I'm going to make myself another pair of socks (after I'm done w/ the first pair, anyway). I also got very cool yarn for a present--1400yds of loveliness. Actually, as soon as I got home, I wound that up to 3 skeins (w/o cutting them, so there's some twist to it now) and am working on the project while down south.

I did see some very cool shawl pins at Stitches West. But, you know, I can do that myself -- when I get around to taking another glass fusing class...

Oh, what else...oh, it took z and I less than 6hrs. to Magic Mountain and then we hit LA traffic and sat on the 405 for a good long time. We made it to destination at 4:30pm. I really recommend leaving on the earlier side on a weekend.

While I'm down here, I'll work on socks, secret project, and another clapotis (this time using 13's and ribbon yarn).

While down here, I was originally thinking about going to the Yarn Lady's store in Laguna Hills, but after seeing their stuff at Stitches West, I've sorta lost interest...their stuff at Stitches did not dazzle (but I may have just been overwhelmed w/ the cashmere and luxury yarns of some of the other vendors). I will try to head to the HB LYS tho'. Last time I was there, I got some neat 100% wool yarn there.

May post more from behind the Orange Curtain--you know, Reagan Country, and now more familiarly known as 'The O.C.'

No comments: