Wednesday, October 19, 2005

z's dad sweater revisited

Couldn't sleep and woke up at 5am. The internet connection was being funky so what was a girl to do? Yep, frogged z's dad's sweater. You know the one that I've been working on since this summer -- the one that if you count the stitches, would have been completed by now if I hadn't had to rip it how many times already...

Wound up all the yarn and did yet another swatch, this time w/ #6 needles. You'll remember that I originally got gauge w/ #9 (recommended), and #8. But the knit fabric was too loose, so I went down to #7 and redid my math and started over and got through 2/3 of the body part only to decide that my gauge loosened up and the fabric is again too loose. And there it sat, sadly waiting while I learned to do cable and lace, and cleaned my house (okay, that's a lie), and read non-knitting books (which I'm only on page 175), and played w/ z, and did stuff w/ the family. Everything and anything except pick up the darn sweater.

So, I'm now using #6 needles and w/ my gauge of 4.5st/inch instead of 4 st/in, I'll be following the sweater pattern for an XXL (which if calculated correctly, should result in a men's medium).

I've connected the neck and now it'll be endless rounds of knitting and increasing for the raglan. Wish me luck!

No comments: