Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Fulling around w/ Lucy and Pink

I've felted both Lucy II and Pink. Here they are.

Pink:
1 skein of Galway, doubled. Felting took forever. 3X without much shrinkage, and last time shrank to present size.

I really liked the shape of the bag. I was a little worried about the 'wings' I got prefelting. But after felting, it looks very nice (if I must say so myself).

Now, I will have to figure out how to use the felting needle and felt some designs on the bag.





Lucy II (aka Brown Lucy):
Made with Patons wool. Less than 2 skeins of the primary brown color and bits of the green and black. Patons felts beautifully. This is 2x in the wash. It was completely felted after the first round, but it was a tad tall, so I washed it again. I may felt the brown bag again to see if I can get the height down a bit more. And the straps may need to be refelted since they sorta folded and felted together.

The thing I'm bummed about is that on the 2nd wash, I forgot to zip the bag and some papery stuff from the wash got onto the bag.

Here's the comparison shot pre and post felting.

No comments: