Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Non-knitting blog related post

Well, we're finally doing it. We're upgrading the computer. When we bought it back in 2001--got all the bells and whistles that came w/ it, including a subwoofer. And yes, it's the best sound system in our house...So, we've ordered memory from MemorySuppliers.com. This company sells memory and they've got a very nice system set up where you can figure out the memory you need for your computer. Pretty painless. I wish I had found this site weeks ago. But, depending on when we install said memory (once it arrives in a week), I may be blogless (but not knitless). Hey, maybe I'll actually start something new, or finish a project...

Okay, here's my rant about this computer. At the time, it was state-of-the-art and all that. Using RAMBUS memory. Well, did you know that this is 'special' (insert $$$) memory? And that you need to apparently purchase specific brand or it doesn't work, they have to be installed in pairs, and on top of that, some companies have stopped making some of the memory. argh! And the final topper is that is we upgraded to lots more memory, we may as well just buy a brand new computer (w/ even more memory), 'cause that's how much it costs.

Well, I hope this works.

2 comments:

Pixiepurls said...

all memory has to be installed in pairs that I am aware of :)

:(

z's momma said...

oh. well, then. what a rip. they should just sell memory in pairs then, like, how would you know which one needed replacing...I'm just saying...