Thursday, March 06, 2008

Starting Dragone

This is one of my new projects.



Yarn: Colourmart 100% silk in blue mauve cobweb weight doubled (becomes laceweight)

needles: US2
pattern: Heere be Dragone



swatch - check
pattern blown up - check
magnet board ready - check
fleegle help - check
fleegle minitutorial (on making the horizontal stitch)- check



ready...set...go...wait wait wait...



there'll be other projects interspersed, I promise. (oh, don't you like how my little wee swatch is already unraveling?)

I do wish that I hadn't chickened out and just gotten the cone not doubled...but I was scared of that thin thread. Of course when it arrived, I was like, pfft...this is like #30 or 40 thread...I can do this...oh, well. I hope it's not more of a pain knitting 2 strands of silk.

eta: Thanks to everyone that commented on the stole! I've got to get another Niebling on the needles. I'm thinking that since Lacefreak is doing the tablecloth in pink, I may have to do it in zephyr -- in black.

3 comments:

fleegle said...

It's a fun knit-really! And it looks better in thicker thread so you can see all the gorgeous textures.

Becky G said...

I am so wanting to start this one as well. Good luck to you!

Knitting Linguist said...

Ooh! what a fun shawl! I can't wait to see your progress on it :)