Monday, March 10, 2008

Dotting the eyes

According to Chinese folklore, dotting the eyes of the dragon is what makes it come alive. In Western culture, the eyes are the windows to the soul...

So, I actually sometimes follow that thought of putting eyes on last. Not because of the folklore, but it sure does make a difference when you put them on. And that's just weird having a toy head staring at you...

Well, may I introduce you to Ms. Dangly. I'm having issues with her eyes. Which to use? far apart as per original pattern (free)
dangly eyes apart Fish eyes

or close together?
dangly eyes close

I guess I should give you some specs:
yarn: Patons Merino in pink and white
needles: US3 dpns (probably could have gone down to US2, but didn't)
start: March 5, 2008
finish: mostly done March 7, 2008
mods: circular knitting except for the tail.

This is a birthday present for my buddy M who's turning 3. I will be making her a couple of outfits since she's a big girl.

1 comment:

Tola said...

close together