Well, I have been working on a rat for this post, and well, I just finished in the nick of time.
I was going to do a wee mouse, but decided on Cheese (of Chalk and Cheese). The arms are extraordinarily clever, done with short rows. You gotta love Alan Dart. Anyway...
Happy New Year!
check out that tail. I'm proud of that tail. That is an I-cord w/ pipe cleaner in it so it's shapeable.
And he turned out looking 'fluffy'. He's looking very 'Zucker' (a genetically obese rat model).
yarn: various acrylic worsted (okay, pink and white)
needles: US2 dpns
mods: did the body in the round. The arms are amazing, but I think I switched them...but they worked out fine. the feet were done in the round, and the tail (w/ pipecleaner). I didn't do the 2 ear tufts and I used white crochet cotton for whiskers instead of the black.
I also chose to knit Cheese as a male lab rat (Rattus norvegicus), but he turned out to more resemble a Zucker (fafa) rat. Altho' I don't know if these rats are white...