Friday, June 06, 2008

Adventures

On Monday, I went over to the other side of the Bay and purchased this cool swift from a fellow Raveler. This is a Squirrel cage swift. The ball winder I've owned. I'm just super glad the winder now has a place to live.

I needed another swift, even though I already have my wonderful amazing Goko swift. The only design flaw with goko is that it doesn't expand wide enough to handle larger skeins. Isn't it a beaut?

squirrel cage swift

I thought since I was in San Mateo, it would be a good time to visit a Nine Rubies, a yarn store located in the Downtown area.

The folks there were very nice and the yarns were lovely. Unfortunately, they didn't have that much lace, but I did go home with my Mmmmalabrigo laceweight in apple green (okay, this was the only color they had.
malabrigo lace
Okay, this apple green is not a good color for me, but isn't it lovely? And I'm sure I know someone that would like this color...

Then later in the week, I went to Lacis. As the whole Niebling loving community now knows, they are publishing Lyra. Yay.

2 comments:

Soo said...

I'm pleased to hear I'm not the only one who buys yarns in colours -- well, just because they are there! I like the apple green - it's a happy colour.

And it is great news that Lyra is being made available again. With any luck this bodes well for reprinting more of his amazing work.

fleegle said...

What a great swift--I'm envious. And I do like te yarn color--nice for a spring shawl.