Happy Halloween! Here are two of the awesome pumpkins z&a's dad carved. Cool.
Anyway, I managed to finish this doily tonight after the kids went to bed.
Pattern: Burda (unknown for now) #32
yarn: lilac linen laceweight
needles: US2 Crystal Palace circs and dpns
time started: October 27, 2007
time finished: October 31, 2007
Modifications: I feared (correctly) that I would run out of the linen yarn. So I opted to modify the pattern substantially so that 14 rows were deleted. I played with the pattern and cannot replicate it again. During crochet cast-off, I had to rip it several times because it was looking too tight. I chained 10, bundled 5 st for leaves, and 3 or 3-5-3 stitches for the spots between leaves. Turned out nicely, I think.
Here's a closeup the the modification and the pattern. There's only three leaves. The original pattern had an additional layer of leaves.
Now, I've just got to block out Frosted Fern completely...