Tuesday, October 10, 2006

kiri

Kiri shawl was such a fast knit that I didn't even have time to blog about it.

Specs:
black 70% angora 30% nylon yarn
1.5 balls of it
started: October 2, 2006
finished: October 9, 2006
15 total repeats
needles: size 4 Clovers with size 9 bind off (after reading about too tight bind offs on other blogs)
*edging looked pretty crummy since it was so loose.


Blocking: Check out that scallop (yippee!). Of course, I'm not a huge fan of that pointy thing at the bottom pointing to your bottom, but I guess the new thing about shawls is to wear it skewed (or is it just me?)

It blocked much much larger than I expected. It spans the extra large bath towel (aka bath sheet) and I had to block it in our almost cleared out basement.

Very very pretty. I am a tad worried that the angora won''t block out that well, the pattern will be obscured and look like a black cat around the shoulders. That and that it'll shed everywhere. I noticed that the water did change color when I had it soaking in the sink. Either way, this yarn was lovely to knit with. I'll likely make this again with another yarn (in a lighter shade).

1 comment:

Stefaneener said...

I'm still stunned at lace knitting period, not to mention FAST lace knitting. I'm sure it will wear in a beautiful way, and no one but you will worry about the bottom-pointy part.