Thursday, January 12, 2006

Body Dysmorphia or Holy Batwings!

I've had not one, but TWO major blows this week. And I blame the yarn, not the body...

1) the felted clogs -- felted very nicely, but they don't even come close to fitting my feet. True, I did knit a woman's size 8 (and I wear a 7), but they're way too big. They do fit z's dad tho', so not all is lost. How lame. I now have three choices: 1) Buy even more Galway yarn and knit the proper size 2) scrounge around my stash for yarn to make the darn things 3) another cycle.

2) z's dad's sweater--see above post about how the sweater is almost done? well, I was worried w/ the rapid decreases in the sleeves of the pattern and wanted him to try it on. I've had him try it on a couple of times and then I was using one of his sweaters to check sizing. Well, he tried it on and it was sad. No, really sad. My husband had bat wings! With the sleeve on, it was clear that the raglan was continued too too far and the arm holes were just way too big. A rookie move on my part was that I really didn't account for the additional 10 st cast on to connect the front and back on both sides.

You know, I'm thinking that I'm just going to rip the whole thing out, double the yarn, and make the husband a sweater w/ cables. There must be patterns out there...ugh...

However, I'm very glad I have such a wonderful husband who doesn't think I'm completely mad.

I'll post this now and see if I have the energy to actually upload the pics of these debaucles...

No comments: