I'd been meaning to make this sweater. I followed directions and here's what I ended up with.
Specs: Encore yarn 2 balls
needle size US8
time: April 29-May 3, 2007, seamed May 7, 2007
The wonky part- note the sleeves. Yes, both of them are like that. there's a delineation between the point where the sleeves are knitted and where they're added onto the sweater. It wasn't noticeable when knitted, but now that it's seamed up, argh!
I've still got to find buttons, but other than that, it's done. It also turned out much larger than I expected, oh well.
One final thing. I actually had to tear out both seams once because when I was done seaming, I realized that the neck opening was way way too small. So, it all got torn out and I pinned them to make sure that the neck opening was big enough.
Next up for Sparky A is the February sweater -- out of red Encore. I think I'll go down another size in the needle and hopefully, she'll actually be able to wear it this fall/winter