Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Knitting Content

I belong to a knitting group. Actually a couple of knitting groups, but I've been doing other stuff (like having the house remodeled) and have not been very good about attending meetings...or knitting, for that matter. (Bad, I know). Anyway, I'm lucky I haven't been kicked out of the groups.

So, one group decided to do a knitalong. And the pattern chosen after an on-line poll is Shetland Lace Shawl from Gathering of Lace. This is a shawl that I've wanted to knit for some time, so I'm happy.






I found this lovely dark purple yarn in my stash -- it's silk/lace from Colourmart. 2500yds of it. It's beautiful. I used 2.25mm needles and finished off 21 repeats of the edging.
Then found out that most folks needed not 2500yds, but over 3000yds. I contacted the company and unfortunately, they don't have any more of this yarn. Back to square one.

I have since decided on another Colourmart yarn in my stash. The color is 'Rain'. Upon weighing the yarn, it's clear that I should definitely have more than enough for this shawl.






No comments: