Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Instead of working on the Shetland Lace shawl...

No actual knitting pics here...



So, I've got lots to do...I want to work on the GoL shawl, reading The Road before the movie comes out, laundry before the contractors disassemble the washer and dryer tomorrow morning...to name a few.

Instead, I made these for my kid's preschool Halloween party. The idea is from bakerella. She made these cake pops that are so cool. Anyway, so I made them for the party. I started out making white ghosts, but what a disaster. The cake would not stay on the pop and made the
white candy a mess (you dip the cake into candy melts). I maybe salvaged some, and made some ghosts. Z looked at them, and deemed them to be mummies instead, so that's what they'll be.

And then I ran out of the white. Darn. Wanted to be done with these...

Looked high and low, and discovered I had purple candy melts. Yay. But I need eye balls. What to do what to do?

I opted to use chocolate sprinkles inserted into mini marshmallows cut in half. I did figure out that the white candy melt had a different melting point than the purple. The purple melted beautifully, whereas the white was just stiff and didn't cover well (as you can see above).

I highly recommend making these. (I just followed her methods).


The purple monsters weren't perfect. One slipped as I was making it...oops.








No comments: